i had to smile and take a picture when i realized what lengths i was willing to go to to keep my system moving and shaking on vacation. here are my tips for keeping a happy tummy:
1.fiber pills: i actually take two of these two times a day every day but they are even more important on vacation.
2. fiber one bar: i know that they probably sound kind of sad but they are actually delicious. LOTS of chocolate chippers. i would eat one around five and it was the perfect snack to keep the system moving and my hunger under control until dinner.
3. pepto: a pharmacist told king louie that two pepto everyday of the trip would do the trick to keep montezuma far, far away. it worked.
4. prilosec: this is actually is a medical necessity. a few years ago i was having horrible heart burn. i was sure i was dying but as it turns out i have a hiatal hernia. that basically means my stomach sits too far up in my esophagus and i need the prilosec to help me out with my heart burn and acid reflux. the plus side is that if i'm ever lip syncing on saturday night live as a musical guest, i can blame it on my reflux and then dance a little jig.
5. tums: they're just handy to have around for all your tummy needs. plus, calcium!
6. all-bran: this was provided by the hotel at the breakfast buffet. the first morning i thought i was eating tree bark and the soggy bits at the end made me gag a little. by the end of the week, i learned to mix some with yogurt and granola and some with either frosted flakes or chocolate krispies and milk. i know i should probably eat all-bran all the time for breakfast but "all-bran yogini" doesn't have the same ring to it. maybe when i'm still practicing yoga at 80 and eating prunes i'll be the all-bran yogini.
and now you just read an entire post on my digestive system. i bet you feel like you know me just a little bit better.