alright friends, here's another one. it will probably be my last crock pot recipe for awhile because i'm all out of ideas. but the last one is a goodie, so let's get moving:
what you need:
1. one can of black beans
2. two cans of refried black beans (note: this whole meal can be made with chili beans and regular refried beans if that sounds better to you)
3. one 28 oz can of rotel tomatoes
4. 2 cups of vegetable stock (chicken stock totally works if you're not going meatless. more stock means soupier, less means thicker).
5. chopped carrots
7. i used my infamous green bean, corn, carrot and lima bean mix. my husband thought it was kind of weird but i loved it. any mix of veg would be delicious
8. 1 tablespoon taco mix
10. sour cream
11. ground meat would be yummy as well. just fry before hand and toss it in. i actually bought ground turkey and then was too lazy to fry it up. the turkey is now in the freezer and will probably stay there for a long, long time.
12. i'd also use onion but i was out
what you do:
1. combine beans, stock, rotel, taco seasoning and any fresh veggies in the crock pot and crank on low for 8-10 hours
2. with about two hours before you want to eat, add any frozen veggies. the soften up without turning to total mush
3. serve and top with cheese and sour cream. tortilla chips or fritos would probably also rock your socks off.
so, there's another lenten crockpot masterpiece. enjoy!!