and now a recipe. i am not julia child. i don't want to be julia child. i want to eat dinners that taste good, don't bore me and are easy to make and clean up. if you're looking for a foodie, you're in the wrong place. if you're looking for a crock pot recipe that is so super easy and tasty feel free to follow along.
what you'll need:
1. pork (obviously). we used a little over a pound of pork chops had leftovers after feeding two people.
2. fajita/taco seasoning mix
3. a jar of salsa.
4. frozen peppers and onions (thawed)
5. tortillas, cheese, sour cream, etc.
1. trim fat from pork
2. rub fajita/taco seasoning on chops
3. place in crock pot and cover with the jar of salsa
4. let it go for 8-10 hours on low
5. with a half hour to go stir in peppers and onions
6. serve it up adding toppings as desired
the fajitas are really delicious but quite messy. i kind of missed the part of the recipe that said to use a slotted spoon to serve the fajitas. there was salsa every where by the time i was done. i thought the mild salsa was good but my husband said he could have used a little more kick. all in all it was a winner. it was nice to use meat other than chicken. sometimes i'm afraid i'm going to grow feathers and start to cluck.
the link for the recipe is here. i linked to the page with all the crock pot recipes in case you're feeling inspired.
i hope you enjoy!!