this weekend was one of those awesome weekends where my husband and i had nothing to do. i love these weekends because we spent all our time together. i find that by the time sunday night comes around we've become truly 'us'. i guess it is because we haven't had any outside influences (work, family, friends) and our only contact is each other. it is pretty awesome. but what do we do with 48 uninterrupted hours with each other you ask? here you go:
1. go to yoga and the gym. while this technically wasn't together, we did carpool.
2. take advantage of beautiful weather and walk to church. discover you've overestimated how long it takes to get there and take the long way. realize your hat fell out of you pocket and retrace your steps to find it. end up 10 minutes late to mass and get stuck way in the back. realize the upside is that you didn't miss any of the readings.
3. got the sushi (me) and thai (husband) that i've been craving since i was sick awhile back.
4. 'borrow' your in-laws hbo on the go and finish this season's enlightened and watch the first episodes of boardwalk empire and trueblood. both were pretty good.
5. sleep in late sunday morning because of the time change.
6. lounge around all afternoon being super lazy.
7. take a walk to the grocery store to grab some frozen spinach because it is another gorgeous day.
8. finally take down your Christmas lights. realize pitching a fit about taking them down wasn't worth it because it took about 15 minutes. it only takes hours to put them up. file this info away for next year.
9. wind up the weekend with once upon a time.
10. smile because you get to be married to your best friend and realize (again) that there's no one else you want to spend your weekends with.